thinkLaw is 100% #VegasStrong in light of the tragic, senseless actions that impacted the lives of so many people. thinkLaw is Vegas-born and the majority of our school partnerships are in Las Vegas, so although we obviously have our thoughts and prayers in mind for those most impacted, we cannot just have thoughts and prayers. Teachers in Las Vegas and all over the country are showing up today and dealing with the real challenge of helping our young people think through the unthinkable. We do not have the answers for this, but we received some suggestions earlier for helping educators teach students after an attack. And we have a community. Please share any resources you use to connect with students during these tough times. Educators who are on the front lines in giving our students the hope when so much seems hopeless: you are our #MondayMotivation.
- Nasponline: Helping Children Cope With Terrorism – Tips for Families and Educators
- Tes: How to Discuss a Terrorist Attack with Your Pupils
- Edutopia: Responding to Tragedy: Resources for Educators and Parents
- Northern Illinois University: Resources for Teaching After Crisis
- Connected Future: How should teachers talk to their students in the event of a terrorist attack?
To learn how your school or organization can adopt thinkLaw’s standards-aligned program that helps educators teach critical thinking to all students, please click here to schedule a time to speak with someone on the thinkLaw team, call us now at (702) 318-7512 or join us on our next webinar; Thinking Like a Lawyer: Powerful Strategies to Teach Critical Thinking to All Students