“Colin Seale does the seemingly impossible, intricately weaving together concepts of critical thinking, social justice, equity
and empathy in a way that is accessible to all teachers of all students. ” – MR
Thinking Like A Lawyer
A Framework For Teaching Critical Thinking To All Students
About The Book
Critical thinking is the essential tool for ensuring that students fulfill their promise. But, in reality, critical thinking is still a luxury good, and students with the greatest potential are too often challenged the least. Thinking Like a Lawyer:
- Introduces a powerful but practical framework to close the critical thinking gap.
- Gives teachers the tools and knowledge to teach critical thinking to all students.
- Helps students adopt the skills, habits, and mindsets of lawyers.
- Empowers students to tackle 21st-century problems.
- Teaches students how to compete in a rapidly changing global marketplace.
Colin Seale, a teacher-turned-attorney-turned-education-innovator and founder of thinkLaw, uses his unique experience to introduce a wide variety of concrete instructional strategies and examples that teachers can use in all grade levels and subject areas. Individual chapters address underachievement, the value of nuance, evidence-based reasoning, social-emotional learning, equitable education, and leveraging families to close the critical thinking gap.