School Choice kicks off this week and over 15,000 events will be held to celebrate it across the country.
NSCW is an independent public awareness effort spotlighting effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, private schools, online learning, and homeschooling.
The week runs from January 24-30, 2016.
With a goal of raising public awareness of effective education options for children, the week will be the largest celebration of education options in US history. The events include information sessions, open houses at schools, rallies, policy discussions and movie screenings organized by community groups.
We are proud to announce that Colin Seale will be the MC at a school choice rally this week. Stay tuned for updates on from the event!
Here are a few facts about NSCW per www.schoolchoiceweek.com
National School Choice Week 2016 will be held January 24-30, 2016. The Week will be the largest series of education-related events in US history:
- 16,140 total events across all 50 states
- Started in 2011, NSCW has grown into the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in education. The Week is a nonpartisan, nonpolitical public awareness effort. We welcome all Americans to get involved and to have their voices heard!
- 13,224 schools of all types are holding events
- 808 home-school groups are holding events
- 1,012 chambers of commerce are holding events
- 27 governors have issued proclamations recognizing School Choice Week in their states
- More than 200 mayors and county leaders have issued School Choice Week proclamations
- There will be rallies and special events at 20 state capitol buildings
Follow us on social media and be sure to share with us what events you are attending in celebration of National School Choice Week. For more information on school choice week, visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com