thinkLaw’s vision is a world where critical thinking is taught by all teachers and to all students, leveling the playing field for 21st century success. To that end, thinkLaw seeks a Partner Success Manager to onboard, support, and retain highly engaged thinkPortal curriculum users, thereby further igniting the movement of thinkLaw where this mission becomes reality.
thinkLaw exists to create a world where critical thinking is no longer a luxury good. We help educators teach critical thinking to all students, not just the highest achieving ones at the most exclusive schools. Rote memorization and spoon-fed learning will not prepare young people for the rapidly changing workforce that awaits them. This is why thinkLaw increases educational equity by giving all students access to critical thinking. We do this through our award-winning curriculum that uses real-life legal cases in upper grades and fairy tales and nursery rhymes in lower grades as a hook to unleash the critical thinking potential of all students and powerful professional development that helps educators apply rigorous inquiry strategies that help them transform from asking “what” and “how to” to “why” and “what if.”
thinkLaw has partnered with over 500 school systems and organizations in 40 states in since launching in June 2015 and has thousands of opportunities for new partnerships due to our tremendous exposure through national and regional education conferences, social media and email marketing efforts, district-wide approvals in hundreds of schools districts, and the success of our founder’s books, Thinking Like a Lawyer: A Framework for Teaching Critical Thinking to All Students and Tangible Equity: A Guide to Leveraging Student Identity, Culture, and Power to Unlock Excellence In and Beyond the Classroom.
thinkLaw is looking for a strategic and user-centric Partner Success Manager to support clients in order to help drive a high level of partner satisfaction, successful product/service use, and partner retention. The Partner Success Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for key partners, understand partner success criteria, address questions, resolve issues and be a trusted thinkLaw advisor.
For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of project or account management, maintaining high partner renewal rates as a result of ongoing partner engagement, technical leadership, and outstanding communication skills.
Can you help us spark a critical thinking revolution in students nationwide as our next Partner Success Manager?
As a Partner Success Manager, you will:
- Perform onboarding trainings with thinkLaw partners, ensuring strong adoption and ongoing engagement throughout the partner’s lifetime.
- Execute a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy that proactively maintains high partner satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and address curriculum partner challenges as a thinkLaw subject matter expert.
- Perform periodic partner success reviews that confirm customer satisfaction, resolve issues with the help of the team, and expand thinkLaw curriculum use within the account.
- Develop tools, processes, and best practices to ensure curriculum partners are realizing the greatest possible value from thinkLaw.
- Analyze usage patterns in order to gain insights, provide guidance and increase partner curriculum satisfaction.
- Serve as the primary interface to manage and resolve any critical situations with partners.
- Work closely with thinkLaw’s marketing and curriculum development team to share partner insights that inform additional product and partnership opportunities.
- Provide expert partner insight to the curriculum development team on what innovation and continuous improvement is needed in the user experience, product capabilities and features, and partner engagement processes that ensure rapid adoption, usage velocity, high renewal and referral rates.
- Maintain high partners satisfaction rates, and partnership renewal and expansion rates.
- Help manage the community of thousands of teachers who interact through our Facebook community, creating content, gathering feedback from community members and adjusting the community strategy accordingly.
- Conduct demonstrations of the curriculum and answer questions about functionality to prospective clients.
A Profile – Partner Success Manager
We encourage candidates to apply who may not have every single quality of this profile, yet have significant, relevant capabilities and experience that would allow them to succeed in this role.
- An expert-level prioritizer, able to manage time skillfully and tackle tasks, both large and small, with efficiency and effectiveness.
- An independent and innovative self-starter, with strong cross-group collaboration skills, including with thinkLaw’s sales and marketing team, and relentlessly persistent follow-up.
- Goals- and results-oriented, proactive about dismantling roadblocks and adapting quickly to change.
- Eager for feedback to support your own continual development and to support the positive outcomes for the organization.
- As passionate about education equity as you are about doing the unsexy tasks necessary to move important work forward, with an ongoing dedication to DEIB, developing your cultural competence, and embodying anti-racist leadership and inclusiveness.
- An approachable, precise communicator, capable of speaking with intention from an authentic position without being cliche or relying on buzzwords.
- Known for being responsible and reliable, particularly with sensitive information such as passwords and partner data.
- Principled, with an impeccable reputation for honesty and integrity.
Knowledge and Expertise
The Partner Success Manager will have a/n:
- Proven ability to build credibility and trust, and to maintain highly valuable and outcome-based relationships with a diverse partner account base by understanding and addressing partner requirements.
- Passion for working with educators and a desire to deeply understand thinkLaw benefits, use cases, and technical elements.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Deep understanding of how Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) issues impact classrooms across the country and how thinkLaw equips teachers, leaders, students, and families with practical tools to make equity a reality.
- Strong sense of empathy for the realities of classroom educators, school leaders, and school system leaders.
- Exceptional strengths as a communicator, writer, editor, and presenter, who is thoughtful, creative, and strategic about explaining content in a way that leads to engaged and enthusiastic users.
Education and Experience
The Partner Success Manager will have education and experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or higher in education, marketing, business, public administration, nonprofit management, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a partner-facing role, such as Customer Success, Customer Support, or Account Manager.
- Experience in influencing key stakeholders and decision-makers in K-12 education, including senior and executive level partner contacts.
- Experience working with educators or working with K-12 curriculums.
- Additional experience, preferred:
- Experience with customer relationship management systems.
- Sales experience.
- Social media and/or community management experience.
- Experience working in a 100% work-from-home environment.
- Experience leading trainings for 30+ people.
- Autonomy and independence within a flexible work environment (work-from-home) and family-friendly business practices.
- Salary: $65,000 annually with an opportunity for organization and individual performance-based bonuses.
- Competitive benefits, including healthcare with 100% employer paid health care for the employee. 15 days of PTO and 12 sick days in addition to the two weeks of company closure in December and July.
- The opportunity to work for a mission-based, social enterprise that is revolutionizing education.
- Location: thinkLaw is a national organization and the Partner Success Manager can be located anywhere.
- Schedule: Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
- Travel: Significant travel is not expected for this role.
Commitment to Equity
thinkLaw is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to addressing issues of racism and inequity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace where every staff member feels heard, supported, valued, and can share their authentic brilliance to move the mission forward. Applicants who are Black, Indigenous, people of color, parents, women, people with disabilities, queer, trans, non-binary, immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.
If you have a passion for the K-12 ecosystem, education equity, and critical thinking, and this opportunity speaks to you, we want to hear from you! Please review the job description details and apply using the Application Guidance below as soon as possible to have your candidacy considered for this amazing role!
OneTeacher is conducting the executive search for thinkLaw’s Partner Success Manager. At OneTeacher we care deeply about education equity and connect individuals and organizations that will advance this cause. We partner with like-minded organizations like thinkLaw to support them in making a match with professionals who will make their vision and mission a reality.
Applications that are submitted before the Priority Application Deadline of November 7, 2022 will be included in a priority interview group for interviews to take place during the weeks of November 7th and November 14th.
The Final Application Deadline is November 25th, and we encourage you to share your completed application (given the components below) as soon as possible.
Please submit all application components directed to Erin Tobin, email@example.com. Applications should include the components listed below:
1) A resume.
2) A thoughtful and compelling cover letter that addresses:
- Why are you interested in working with thinkLaw? Please share what inspires you about thinkLaw and why.
- What relevant qualifications and attributes do you bring to this role?
- A brief description of relevant work experience and achievements in this field.
4) A list of three references* that includes names, affiliation, relationship to you while you worked together, email addresses and phone numbers.
*References will not be contacted until the final stage of the search and candidates will be given an opportunity to notify their references in advance.
A world where critical thinking is taught by all teachers and to all students, leveling the playing field for 21st century success.
We help educators teach critical thinking to ALL students.
Our Core Values
We listen to understand, speak to be understood, and demonstrate the courage to tackle the tough but necessary conversations across lines of difference.
We dream big, create boldly, and dare to improve our world dramatically, approaching our work with creativity and an endless sense of possibility.
Making a Difference
Our bottom line is impact, so we prioritize our actions and our inactions through the lens of maximizing this bottom line.
The thinkLaw Method:
- We make it easy. We are always willing to do the hard work on our end if it’s going to make someone’s work easier on the other side.
- We make it engaging. We work hard to make sure our work is received with tears, hell yeahs, this is unacceptables, gasps, are you freaking kidding mes, and laughter because we understand that the emotional connection that comes from engaging our partners and community members.
- We ground our work in critical thinking. We consider multiple perspectives, we use evidence to back up our decision-making, and we are committed to continuous improvement of our thinking around every aspect of what we do.
We err on the side of fairness and justice, always. We consider equity, not equality in deciding what is needed for our team, our partners, and our work. We understand that what is legal is not always just and what is acceptable is not always fair, and actively seek to be the hammer that helps to bend the arc of history towards justice.